Monday 11 July 2011

UV Mapping and texturing, and Mudbox

With the base mesh as complete as I could get it in Maya, it was time to start UV mapping in preparation for texturing him.


Once this was completed, I was free to take a UV snapshot and export it into Photoshop to begin painting. However, at this stage, I decided, what if I want to take the design further? I did mention that I wanted to say both a Jafar-like version and a Shan Yu-like version of my character. So far I have the Jafar-like version, and he looks a little bit plane, and furthermore, not very threatening as a villain.

With this mind, I considered the option to export my base mesh AND my UV map into Mudbox in order to get my Shan Yu-like villain, and to paint my textures. I was quite optimistic about this idea because I had never used Mudbox before, and the aim of this project, for me personally is to improve my prospects. So now, I am delving into the realms of character creation, and I'm using a brand new software.

No comments:

Post a Comment