Monday 11 July 2011

Rigging

It was a lengthy process, but the rig is complete.


I wanted to utilise an IKFK (inverse kinematic, forward kinematic) switch handle, as shown above. It is a technique that I learnt during a previous module, but never used it then because I changed from character creation/animation to visualisation. Despite this, I was coming across problems in creating the rig. I think it was an orientation problem, and the root joint decided to ignore world space. Typically, I would persevere and continue until I found the problem, but it wasn't really necessary to use the IKFK switch here. I wasn't planning on having wild, over the top animations.

So instead I settled for a standard orient constrained arm set-up. It's boring but does the job.


It was a shame, because I have used an IKFK rig before with rigs that I have downloaded, and it's completely user-friendly and gives the user more control over the arm, as well as allows for fluid animations. I wanted to see how my one would fair in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment